Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer is here!

This past week was our last week of school! Man, was it a crazy one. The kids are always bouncing off the walls with excitement, and the teachers are trying to find things for them to do that will keep them occupied. Even though the end of another school year can be bittersweet, we are excited to say that we are officially on summer vacation. The only downside is we don't really get a break from work, only a break from the kiddos. I am starting my masters program next week and Chris is going to work for his school district this summer, and continue working on his masters as well. So, can't say we are slowing down, but it will still be nice to switch up the routine a bit!

Friday was my first day off and my cousin Anne and her three kids have been wanting to come and meet the new addition to our family, Coco. I thought it would be a perfect day for them to visit. I am pretty sure they had a great time playing with Coco. Before they came I was so worried that Coco would be too wild for them, but when they arrived she immediately started running and hiding! This was her first time to meet kids and I think she didn't know what to think. However, after several times of her trying to escape she finally warmed up to them! I was so glad she did too because they kept asking, "why is she not running and playing?" I didn't want them to be disappointed! 

Coco_tea1
Petting Coco and giving her treats!

Coco_tea3 

Coco_tea2
 In the end we had a great visit, and Coco hopes to see them again soon!

Here are some other sweet pics we wanted to share of our little Coco Krispy, Coco Nut, Coco Loco, etc ... we call her so many things! How can you resist that face?!  

Coco_tree

Coco_tongue
And that tongue! 
These pictures are seriously tempting us to do a calendar! Ha!

And last but not least, congratulations are in order for Chris' cousin Jackson! Tonight he graduated from high school! It was a great ceremony and afterwords we had a really nice dinner at their country club.

Grad_jackson2
Here are Chris' Aunt Kathy, Uncle Tom, Jackson, Molly, and his sweet Grandma. 

Grad_jackson1
And us again, minus Kathy.

We had a great time and wish you the best Jackson! 


7 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly said...

The kids with coco are so cute!!!! Glad ya'll could go to Jackson's graduation. I have that same dress!!!!!

June 6, 2009 at 9:36 PM  
Anonymous Jamie said...

Coco is so cute! I'm glad the kids had fun with her!
I love your yellow dress, Carrie!

June 7, 2009 at 7:18 AM  
Anonymous srene23 said...

I just LOVE your dress! May I ask where you purchased it? I just bought some yellow sandals and I think they would look great with it! :0)

June 7, 2009 at 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Elicia said...

Cute dress Carrie! Good luck with school this summer!

June 8, 2009 at 2:56 AM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

Thanks for the sweet comments. I got my dress at my favorite store, Forever 21! Can't get enough of that place!

June 8, 2009 at 3:41 AM  
Anonymous Micaela said...

I agree-that's a cute dress!! Don't you love seeing kids around puppies! It's so sweet!

June 12, 2009 at 2:27 AM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

Ok...your puppy is just the cutest thing ever!!! I am a teacher too, and I am sooo glad school is finally out. Hope you and Chris get a little rest and relaxation in the midst of everything you are doing! :)

June 15, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home