Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Is Here


I am so glad to finally get a chance to sit down and write about my favorite time of the year ... SPRING!

There are many reasons why it is my favorite, and here are some of them:

1. The weather gets warmer.
2. Flowers start to bloom.
3. A great time to do spring cleaning and organizing (my speciality).  :) 
4. Spring break!
5. Only 10 more weeks of school til' summer break! Whoo hoo!  

Speaking of Spring Break, this past week was ours! As teachers, it is a time we really look forward to because about this time of the year we all start to get spring fever, including the kids. So it was a much needed week of rest. Ever since Chris and I met and began teaching, we have never had the same spring break, so we just assumed this year was like all the rest and made plans accordingly.  Until someone actually looked at a calendar and we discovered we had the same one! But it was too late. I had planned a quick trip to Corpus in the beginning of the week to help my mom clean out my room of high school and college memorabilia, and Chris planned a trip near the end of the week  in Austin to go to the annual South by Southwest music festival and to have a mini-reunion with his buddies. So sadly, we spent it apart. :(   However, I was glad to say I did accomplish alot of springy things around our house, so just thought I would share some.
 
This is our back porch and since I love flowers so much I decided to plant some Impatiens and some Petunias. I just love all the colors they come in so I thought it would add a little something to our backyard. The sad thing is I have no clue what I am doing and the Petunias already seem to be wilting. I water them everyday, do you think that is too much? Any suggestions? 
 
Flowers1
This is the back of our house and porch. As you can see we don't have too many large plants growing, nor much grass, so that is our next big project. During the break we met with a landscaper and some other contractors who will be helping us in the next few weeks to get our yard looking fabulous!  We have all kinds of fun plans, so hopefully it will be done and ready for summer soon! They actually started on the project today, so we will keep you updated and post the before and after pictures when we can.

Flowers3

Here are more of my Impatiens I planted for the front porch. These are doing much better than the Petunias!

Flowers2

And here is another look of my flowers when you walk out onto our porch. I love how colorful it is now!
 
Flowers4 

And last but not least ... my new Spring pillows I ordered from Ballard Designs. What do you think? My sister- and mother-in-law introduced me to Ballard's and I have loved it ever since! Thanks Kelly and Judy! 

So, what is your favorite part of spring? And any suggestions of how to keep my flowers alive? Any tips will be  greatly appreciated!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Sara said...

Carrie I love your bach porch and your flowers. What a wonderful colours you choose. The pillows are great too.
Sara from Italy.

March 24, 2009 at 11:34 PM  
Anonymous Sara said...

Carrie I love your back porch and your flowers so much. You choose so a beautiful colors for your flowers. Tha pillows are wonderful too.
Sara from Italy.

March 24, 2009 at 11:37 PM  
Anonymous Judy said...

Carrie, Your pots of flowers look great and love those pillows on your swing! How "springy " is that??? Great job!

March 25, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home