Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wild Wedding Weekend!


What a great weekend we had! This was the weekend of my friend Grace and Zach's wedding (the one we threw a shower for a few weekends ago). And it just so happened that my sister, Claire, and her husband, William, had a wedding as well here in Dallas. So they came up to stay with us and we had a great time.  

Grace_breadwinners

We woke up on Saturday morning and Claire and I took a very short walk ... it was SO COLD and windy so we made it quick! Then we headed to Breadwinners for lunch with Chris, William, and some of Claire's close friends who were also in town.  (Some of the girls are pictured below) It was yummy and fun!

Grace_girls


Before both weddings we had everyone over for drinks and appetizers. Claire and William's wedding was earlier than ours, so her friends came over first. From left to right are Bonnie, Megan, Emily (our  sister in-law, William's sister), Claire, and me.      

Grace_group


Us again, but this time with William and Emily's mom Mary (far right) and her good friend on the far left. Actually only Mary, her friend, Claire, and William were going to the wedding. The other girls were in town to help celebrate Bonnie's birthday. It was great having everyone over.

Grace_3rd


After that group raced off to their wedding, some of the teachers from my school came over so we could all ride together to Grace's wedding. Katie, on my left, and Sue, on my right, are two teachers who I teach 3rd grade with, and Heather on the far right teaches 5th grade. They all helped give the shower for Grace a few weekends ago and we had fun hanging out and watching some of the Texas/OSU basketball game before heading to the wedding. Sadly, I think OSU won. :( Boo! 

Grace_grace


The wedding was beautiful! After the ceremony, we headed to the reception downtown at the Petroleum Club. When we first walked in they had a red carpet laid out and paparazzi-like people were taking pictures of all the guests as they walked in. We all loved it and hammed it up for the cameras! Hopefully the paparazzi got my best side for US magazine! Ha! 

Grace_chris_carrie 

The flowers Grace and Zach had were absolutely GORGEOUS! Here are Chris and I in front of one of the beautiful arrangements. 

Grace_trio

Having fun! Katie, myself, and Heather!

Grace_roses


We had the best time that night dancing and eating cake!  Heather and I had found some pretty orange roses that I think fell out of Grace's bouquet when she threw it, so we were being silly and posing with them pretending we were Melissa OR Molly from The Bachelor, getting our roses at the last rose ceremony! I can't wait to watch it tomorrow night, even though I think I already know who wins due to a lot of spoiler things I have read ... we will see! 

Grace_weird_face 
 
But of course at the end of the night I had to give the final rose to Chris, who looks overjoyed! Overall, we had a wonderful time and are so happy for Grace and Zach!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home