Friday, April 3, 2009

CLH Reunion

Last night, after 15 long years, I got the chance to reunite with some of my best friends from Camp Longhorn over dinner!  We had sooo much fun and it felt like it was just yesterday as we sat and reminisced about all of our wonderful summer memories together. It was so fun catching up with everyone and hearing about their lives today.

I went to Camp Longhorn in Burnet, Texas for six years. And I think if I am correct, I started the year after 5th grade, and went until I was a Sophomore in High School. I always went to the third term of the summer and it was an awesome 3 weeks of activities, sun, blobbing, campfires, and great friends. 

For those of you who have ever gone to a summer camp then you know the special life long bond that you can have with the friends you make. However, for me, being that Camp Longhorn was the second camp I went to as a young girl, I truly believe that it was different from the others and a very special place that played a big part in making me who I am today.  I think everyone I know who has had the opportunity to go to Camp Longhorn feels the same way.

So, of course we had a great time!  What's even better is that we all live in the same city, so we have no more excuses not to get together all the time now!

Pictured  here next to me are Alison and Lauren, and across from me are Katie and Julianne.

(Our waiter took the picture so it was a little weird looking!)

(Clh reunion 1

Better pic below! 

(Me, Alison, Julianne, Lauren, Katie)

Clh reunion 4

I can't wait to see you all again very soon! 

   



1 Comments:

Anonymous Lauren Kelly said...

Carrie- One of my very best friends is a friend I made from camp that went to when I was younger :o)

April 3, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home